Thursday, July 1, 2010

Red, White and Blue Celebration..........


Welcome to another Fabulous Friday on my blog and that can only mean one thing!!! i{heart}copics on PCP challenge. This week is an easy challenge. Use copics and make a project in Red, white and blue!!!! Did you think it would be anything else????  Now my ex MIL whom I adore has a birthday in a couple of days so this card is doing double duty. Both celebrating her life and the 4th of July!


I chose to use ©ching-chou kuik's New Year Celebration for my image and this can be found at Sweet Pea Stamps.  I thought it was fitting with all of the fireworks in the background.  I of course colored her with my copics that you can get as well as a wealth of other paper crafting needs  at i{heart} papers. I also added some glossy accents to the fireworks to make them shine. My signature background was done with pastel chalks.  A bit of stickles and a few dots of liquid pearls here and there finished her off.  
Skin: E00, E02, W1
Reds: R22. R27, R29
Blues: Boo, B12, B24, B28
Hair: E13, E17, E18, E19
Flowers: RV00, RV11
Leaves: G21, G24, W3
Water: BG11, BG13
Yellows: Y08, Y15

I hope you will all pop on over and give this challenge a try too!

Challenge:
Flutterby Wednesday
Meljen's
Pixie Dust
If I have inspired you to KREATE please become my follower.

"Life's Beauty Inspires Me To Kreate"

 

13 comments:

  1. Wowwww, beautiful colors!
    The glossy accents are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it will be great for double duty. Very pretty card. I love the theme. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a GREAT DAY!!!
    Bob L.
    www.happycardmaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kym, I can hear the fireworks going off through my monitor!!! Love the bright colors!!! Hope you have a great 4th!!!! And again I am so glad you are on our team!!! Congrats!!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golly gosh Kym this card really 'pops' all those wonderful colours I love the 'firework' effect and of course the image is stunning this is amazing.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG girl friend.... this kreation is marvelous..... your coloring just gets better and better....I don't know how you do it. Your papers are just perfect and can here the firecrakers going off.....

    LD Hugs
    Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW! This is so amazingly beautiful! Awesome texture and wonderful colors!
    Thanks so much for joining us in our Red, White & Blue challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
    Dee (Spryte)♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy July 4th!!!! I love your red, white, and blue Sweet Pea image. The fireworks are brilliant!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow kym this is stunning those colours are so vibrant. Love the new picture by the way.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a very lovely coloring Kym...love always your coloring so perfect and she looks soo adorable...GORGEOUS CARD my Kym..hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautifull ! Thanks for joining the PixieDust Challenge this week. Hugs Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG I am loving this kreation more and more ....the yellow makes everything pop....
    fantastic kreation

    Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG!! What an amazing card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - she is gorgeous! I love your coloring!

    Thank you for joining us for the Meljen’s Designs Red, White & Blue challenge. Good luck!

    **Cheryl
    http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments are Music To My Ears. I appreciate them with all my heart!