Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fairy Nice Mother's Day!

Hello everyone and Happy Saint Patrick's Day!!!

My card today is to celebrate that woman in everyones life that means the world to us our MOM!!! It is SWEET SKETCH WEDNESDAY and I have a wondrous one for you!


This week we are sponsored again by the lovely and generous Sally Ann from the

 

She has graciously agreed to give the winner of the challenge a $10.00 certificate to her store.  I tell you it is a hard choice to pick a stamp each month to work with she has so many lovely ones to choose from. But choose I did.



I chose Lizzie Fairy! I adore fairies and she was no different!  I paper pieced her dress and then I also took a hat pin and made her wand 3D by placing the star on the end and popping the point behind her hand.  It is much more effective in person.  The rest I colored with my copics except for the shading on her dress wich I had done with chalk.  The flower in the lower corner was made my yours truly.  I just did some slip stitching and gathers together until I liked the shape.  A good project to do while watching TV.  I got on a roll and made a few of these. A bit of glitter was put on her lovely wings and she is off to wish her Mom a Fairy Nice Mother's Day!

Now it is your turn to join us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday! While you are there take a look at what the other DT members did too. It will blow your socks off!!! Be certain to leave them some love!

Challenges:

If I have inspired you to KREATE please become my follower.

"Life's Beauty Inspires Me To Kreate"

30 comments:

  1. Aww.. she is so sweet! What a great image! You've used beautiful papers - love the soft pastel colors. Beautiful job! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, way to go!!!

    Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the sweetest image!! I just love her. You did such a nice job coloring her. I love the soft pastel colors you have used and the paper is perfect. Love the ribbon rose and leaves. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Kim, love the hat pin, very effective

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful Kym! I had to just sit and stare at her for a minute! The embellishment are perfect! This is just a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet mother's day card! I love how you colored your image! She is beautiful and your flower is perfect! Hope you have a great St Paddy's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card I love the layout thank you so much for sharing with us at Ooh la la
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Mother's Day card! Your piecing is perfect. Just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great card Kym, superb layout and I love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kym, your card is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card Kym, love you have paper pieced Lizzie and the pink and green together are fab :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is so pretty Kym! I love the image and the soft colors you chose. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh Kym this is the sweetest card :) love the soft colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kym, you're so crafty, you just amaze me with the little details you add. That pin thing is really cute - great idea, too! I love the colors and the paper piecing is fabulous! Very nice! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet card. Love the bright cheerful colors. Very sweet image. Great job on all those challenges! So happy you could have some fun with us this week at Creative Card Corner and Pile it On!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kym this is just lovely, great image, thank you for playing along at CDM this week, Hugs Avril xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute Kym!! I love this fairy image! You did an amazing job coloring her! I love her polka dotted dress! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantabulous image and your coloring is just perfect! The hat pin is a fab touch and so is the chalking for the dress. Have a :-) scrappy day!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh so beautiful....oh so stunning.....oh so fabulous! Absolutely love it Kym - the paper piecing looks great....and wonderful colours...Sally-Ann..xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet card . Love all your added detail. Great paper piecing.All just so SWEET!!! Thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have made great cards for this spring theme, all are so lovely!

    Thanks for playing with us
    at Rosie D's, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kym this is just adorable, what a cute image, and I love the sentiment too. So glad you joined us at OSCC this week, thank you. Hugs Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. very pretty card. Thanks so much for playing along at CDM. Hugs
    pinky

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a sweet little card , pretty image.
    great to see you at BTC&G
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Rosie-D’s challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good evening hunny and wow what a totally fabulous card, love the image you've used and all that fabulous detail. Thank you for joining us on the Creative Card Crew challenge this week Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your gorgeous carde, sweet image and pretty colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  28. Really pretty card. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Kym, Chanced upon your blog and have been looking about. Your cards are gorgeous - your coloring perfect! Love that you include the copic numbers with so many of your creations. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments are Music To My Ears. I appreciate them with all my heart!