Monday, August 16, 2010

Scaredy Cat .....


Happy Monday everyone!!! I am in a great mood today!!! We put an offer on the land we were looking at on Saturday and it was accepted!!!  We are closing on the 25th of this month.  We have tons of clearing to do, a road to be put in, sewer, water, electric a dock and so on and so on but it is ours.  After almost 5 months of looking for just the right place I do not care how much work we have to do. The lake is called Sunset Lake so right there it gives off an ambiance!!!!  I am just so excited to get crackin' on it!!! Thanks for all your well wishes and prayers!!!! I truly appreciate it!

Today I am showcasing an artist that I have not yet shown on my blog.  This little lovely is  ©Elaine Cox's Little Stars Witch and can be purchased at Sweet Pea Stamps. I had a wonderful time coloring her and hope you like her too.After this one she is now one of my favorites.  She is sold as a single stamp or on a sheet with three other stamps and the sentiment that I used with her!


I colored her with my copics and then cut her out to be able to pop her up on foam tape to give dimension. Glossy accents have been added to her eyes, lips and broomsticks.  I cut the scalloped background out with a Spellbinder Nestie on my Cuttlebug.  I thought the DP matched my coloring of the moon. What do you think? I never pick my DP out ahead of time. I guess maybe I should but I want to be free when I color.  I chose the purple polka dot DP to coordinate with the dots that I put on their hats with my Opal Liquid Pearls.  Stickles were also added to the stars on their hats. I stamped the sentiment directly onto my DP and then colored it in.  Last but not least I added a swirl of orange pearls and an Copic colored ribbon to match!

Don't forget you can win $50 in stamps from Sweet Pea just by placing an order between now and the end of the month.


Challenges: 
Sweet Pea Stampers
The Pink Elephant
Ooh-LaLa
Etsy Inspired (orange mushroom print) 
Sweet Stampin
Secret Crafter
Challenge Up Your Life
Crafty Angels




If I have inspired you to KREATE please become my follower.


"Life's Beauty Inspires Me To Kreate"

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I love Elaine Cox's images!! I think you will fall in love with them too!!
    I'm ao glad your offer was accepted...now is where the work starts!!!
    Congrats Kym!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful Kym,I love the image and the colours are stunning.

    I am so glad that everything is working out for you.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kym, so glad your offer was accepted, such exciting times:D
    Love the colouring on your card:D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome stamp, and your coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting the property! You are living my dream...keep me posted!!! I love Little Star Witch! You know, she looks like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kym this is so fantastic! I love the use of the purple it is like a night sky where she would be flying. Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Pea Stampers hugs Pascale x
    Congratulations on the new land too I am over the moon for you I hope that the work is fun as well as hard xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card hun - loving the colours, very vibrant!
    Thank you for playing at SPS this week.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, those colours match the image perfectly!

    Well done on finding your ideal land, wow Sunset Lake, I would love to come and sit beside it!!
    Thanks for joining us over on Sweet Pea stampers this week!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE how you made her POP out of the paper! Nice coloring! Nice colors! Love it!

    Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colors, lovely card! Thank you for joining us this week at The Pink Elephant!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutelu gorgeous such a lovely image and your colouring is amazing
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments are Music To My Ears. I appreciate them with all my heart!