Thursday, September 9, 2010

Purple and Aqua Comfort.....


I hope everyone has enjoyed their week so far!!! Thank goodness for the weekend.  The weather here in Wisconsin has taken such a turn towards Autumn in the past week.  It seemed like only a week ago I was watching the Brewer game in 91 degree's and now I am wearing a sweatshirt and freezing my bum off.  Wait is was a week ago!!!!  We have a saying here in Wisconsin, if you don't like the weather today just wait a day and it will change.

Today I am sharing with you one of my favorite stamps from ching-chou kuik's Fantasy Art Collection called Purple Comfort. Now since I colored her in Aqua and Purple I am changing her name a bit!!! You can purchase this glorious lovely as a single or on a sheet with 3 other beauties at Sweet Pea Stamps.


She was colored with copics and then I added some glitter on the lace of her dress, bows in her hair and on the wings of her kittens. I also took liquid pearls and stickles and gave her the dots around her body on my signature chalked background. To make the frame I chose to add an accordion ribbon treatment one side and the bottom and double mat the others. Pearls in purple and aqua finish the look.  Thank you for allowing me to share with you today!

Don't forget to check out all of the Sweet Pea DT designs at the Sweet Pea blog and submit your creations to be showcased on the blog too! Also starting September 15th, Sweet Pea will be starting bi-weekly challenges on their very own challenge blog. Pop on over, become a follower and be in the running for some prizes. "In A Sweet Pea Dream" I hope you have a great weekend!


If I have inspired you to KREATE please become my follower.


"Life's Beauty Inspires Me To Kreate"



11 comments:

  1. Hi Kym
    Hunni I adore what you do with these Sweet Pea Stamps, in fact you inspired me enough to actually buy a couple which I hope to use in the near future - always love your colouring and that ribbon is gorgeous!
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Kym. You really are one amazing crafter. Every time you make one of these, they come to life. So beautifully coloured, brilliantly co-ordinated and great design layout too. Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning creation Kym coloured beautifully, I love what you have done with the ribbon.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous image, and love that ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog! What an amazing creation you made here! Colored to perfection! Lovely color combo. I'm gonna have to do some sweet pea shopping me thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kym, this is just a gorgeous piece of artwork!! I love the aqua and purple together so stunning!! Oh and I love your ribbon treament!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kym, I so wish I had more time. I see your gorgeous creations every day and drool. Love your coloring and you have got to do a tutorial on your background.... This is another gorgeous card... ok, I'm off to search your blog (again, just in case I missed the tutorial, lo)

    hugs

    PS: Your challenge blog looks awesome. I'm so honored that you think my stuff is worthy to show..... thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there Kym, your card is gorgeous, I love your colouring and the background is so delicately coloured too, it's great :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! Your coloring in fantasic and the chalked background really compliments the image. Thanks for sharing her with us!!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Kym!!! I just love looking through all your stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kym, this is absolutely by far the most gorgeous card I have seen in a long time. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments are Music To My Ears. I appreciate them with all my heart!