Monday, January 25, 2010

Under The Sea

Wow I can not believe I am doing this but I am going to try!
One down and 5 more to go! The Splendid Stamping With The Greeting Farm is hosting a contest called the CHA Relay. Here is the scoop. On Monday they posted a free digi and you had until 6 PM to post your creation in their Gallery and if you do they will send the next digi and so on and so on for the week. So here is Day 1. Mer Ian.  I think he is adorable.

Now one of my favorite blogs to visit is Randi's The Dark Mermaid. If you have a moment you should take a look at it! She is amazing! I study her art like crazy and she leaves all kinds of great tutes on coloring and answers questions all the time on how she does things.  This card is paying HOMAGE to Randi. I am going to leave a comment for her and hope she will like it!

I colored him with my copics and blended like crazy. Added a few stickled here and there to make him glisten.  I cut the seashells and sea weed out on my cricut and gave them a hit of color with different ink pads and crinkled the edges to give them depth. I chalked the edges of my DP with a deep blue. Added a couple of dew drops and mesh and he was finished.




If I have inspired you to KREATE please become my follower.

"Life's Beauty Inspires Me To Kreate"

24 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing! You're card is just so neat, beautiful, etc....... I wasn't happy with mine at all. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH.. this is so stinkin cute.. I love the funky retro colors.. and his hair ROCKS.. Okay I need to get some stickles.. don't have any of them yet..lol :) I can't wait to see what you create with your #2 :)

    filling your love tank ;) hehe.. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Kym!!!! It's midnight and I just got home from CHA an hour ago and I have to get up and drive back at 8am....but I had to look (after your super sweet, much appreciated comment) and I had to tell you that I LOVE it!!! It is SO amazing!! Mer Ian's hair is INCREDIBLE!! And so watery and dreamy looking!! You really did an amazing coloring job!! I love the whole scene you created! When I first saw it, it made me think of stained glass. Thanks so much for the shout out, too!! You are too sweet!! I cannot wait to to see what else you create with Mer Ian!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY colourful Love the card

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Kym. This is amazing. You are definately on a creative roll at the moment. Lovely vibrant colours.
    Happy Crafting.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kim! This is amazing! Beautiful colorong and blending!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Kym, good luck with your daily challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card and wonderful colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kym,
    This is gorgeous!
    I almost feel under the sea with him!
    Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kym! Fabby card, love it but especially his funky hair. Glad you could join us at OLL. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have an amazing blog I love love your card Always but this one is pretty amazing too and the coloring is wow
    Thank you so much for joining us at Ooh La La hope you visit us again
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely adorable. Great detail. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great card for EIC! Your coloring is amazing and I love the background! Thanks again for playing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely vibrant card. Good luck with card relay.
    Thanks for joining EAC.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable image.
    Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous card love the bright colours and your colouring is fab!
    Thanks for joining Colour Create This week!

    Hugs Di xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at TG
    See you next time
    Love Sarah W XXX
    p.s. do check out the DT blogs and feel free to become a follower to see what we get up too
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute image. Thanks for joining us at TG and hope to see you again.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute card. Love the underwater colours.Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  20. fab card
    Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  21. He is so cute and this under the sea theme with the sparkle is so cool!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous card, love the sweet image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely stunning. Your colouring is amazing - you could do tutorials yerself now yer know! I love the bright colours on the seaweed shapes and his hair......fantastic. This has given me a big smile tonight - THANKYOU!!

    and thanks for joining us this week at SCSC, I hope we see you again real soon. Good luck in the draw.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments are Music To My Ears. I appreciate them with all my heart!